The kind of schedule our new generation is entitled to and the kind of life we lead, it becomes impossible for a layman to find time for anything relating to physical fitness, which has become a necessity in this age of processed or junk food and several health problems hitting human beings every single day. So, in such a scenario what alternative do we have? Going gym, morning walks, jogging? But are we sure that we can be consistent towards any of these? So why not get fitness equipment at home which serves all the purpose and is one of the best fitness equipment available, something like a treadmill.
A treadmill is a device used for walking, running or climbing while staying at the same place. Fun fact, treadmill initially were used punishment in prison for inmates who were sentenced hard labor. Until recently, the treadmill is used as an exercise machine for running and walking at the same place. According to the Sports & Fitness Industry Association treadmill is one of the largest selling exercise equipment and because of this best treadmill in India industry got thousands of manufacturers throughout the world and in different types according to the requirements.
TYPES OF TREADMILLS –
Treadmills can broadly be classified under four major types:
- MANNUAL TREADMILLS: These treadmills utilize a belt and a roller which a person requires to move with their own efforts and need to set your own tempo since the belt does not move by itself. These treadmills are unlikely to last because of the cheap components used in them since they belong to the lower end of the market.
- MOTORISED TREADMILL: These treadmills allow a person to set their own pace and also lets you increase or decrease the degree of incline you would want to run or walk or climb at.
- FOLDING TREADMILL: These treadmills require a lot of space and can be folded flat and can easily be stored or hidden when not in use. Some of the companies provide hydraulic slow – drop decks and a locking system for safety purposes.
- COMMERCIAL TREADMILLS: These treadmills provide a solid running area, motorized incline, high powered motors and an interactive computer with heart rate training feature. These treadmills come with 3-4 years of warranty as they are built for the professional gym environment. These treadmills belong to the higher end of the market.
ADVANTAGES OF TREADMILLS –
Walking and jogging are among the few best way to stay fit in the long run but it is not feasible for everyone to hit the gym on a daily basis so treadmill proves to be the next best alternative in this regard. Major advantages of the treadmill are:
- The treadmill is one of the easiest exercise equipment to use and one does not need to worry about wearing the right gear or weather or physical safety while using it.
- Treadmills are easy to store as you can fold them and easily move around your home and store them anywhere as per your convenience.
- If your treadmill has a digital monitor, you can build a workout program according to your required speed or incline throughout your workout session and you can preset that workout program.
- Most of the treadmill with digital monitor tells you important stats like calories burned, time, speed, distance and heart rate which make it easier for you to track your progress.
- One of the most obvious advantages of the treadmill is that it helps you to lose weight. If you combine your workout session with a good diet you can reach your body goals in no time.
- Treadmill improves your heart health by providing a great cardiovascular workout which helps you to strengthen your heart and also reduce cholesterol.
- The workout is less of a chore while you are on a treadmill because you can watch TV or listen to music or even read something while running or walking on a treadmill which makes working out interesting.
- Walking or running on a treading using incline feature helps you to tone your leg muscles like calves, butt and quad muscles. Using small hand weights and running on a treadmill can also tone your arms muscles.
The treadmill is a convenient way of working out daily and staying healthy which you can use at your own comfort zone in your own home whenever and however you want to.
BEST TREADMILL IN INDIA :
- Fitkit FT200 Series motorized treadmill: Fitkit being a well-recognized is known to produce the best quality equipment. FT200 is among one such fitness equipment and one of the most appreciated treadmills in the market.
- It offers a framework that is much more sturdy and stable.
- Integrated with an iPod connector and a USB power port
- The product is equipped with an LCD screen.
- Speed range of up to 16km/hr at 0-15% of auto inclination.
- Running surface of 48.8” * 16.5”
- Shock absorbing running mat plus massager.
- 25 HP motor and allows a maximum user weight of 110 kg.
- Three-year warranty against the frame, one-year motor warranty and one year warranty on parts of manufacturing defects.
- It features 12 preset workout programs, MP3 speakers, aux port and cable.
- The treadmill comes with a wheel for transportation, auto lubrication, twister, cooling fan, massager, Dumbbells and sits up bars.
- Foldable model
- Easy to install.
- Powermax fitness TDM-98 1.5HP lightweight foldable motorized treadmill: this treadmill is regarded as the best treadmill for home use in India as it is high quality, foldable, and easy functioning treadmill and is an ideal for space-saving solution.
- 5 LED display.
- 5HP DC motor and offers a speed of 1.0 to 10km/hr.
- The maximum user weight capacity is 90kgs.
- 12 preset workout programs and 3 target based modes.
- Running surface of 43.3*15.75 inches.
- Rate sensor on the handrail as well as 5-layer anti-skid running belt.
- 3 years motor warranty, 1 year part and labor warranty.
- Wheels for easy transportations.
- 90-degree foldable treadmill with manual lock.
- Shock absorption system
- USB pen drive or an AUX cable to play music directly is available.
- Healthgenie 3911M 1.0 HP Motorized treadmill: these treadmills are known for their brand value, affordable price and spacious designs and are among the few best treadmills brands in India available in the market.
- 0 HP motor
- LED display size 3 inches.
- Weight resistance of 100 kgs.
- Speed range of 0.8 and 10 km/hr.
- Good quality speakers that can be used to listen to music.
- Portable wheels for easy transportations.
- Unique safety key that can be pulled out at any time if you wish to turn off the treadmill
- Fitkit FT098 1.5HP (2HP peak) motorized treadmill: it is one of the best treadmills for home use because of its folding system and easy storage, this treadmill is specifically designed for the people who weight up to 90 kgs.
- Belt dimension are 43”*15.75”
- 5 HP allows continuous usage.
- The maximum speed of 14.8 km/hr
- 12 preset workout programs
- LED that shows speed, time, distance and heart rate.
- 3 years motor warranty and 1 year part and labor warranty and lifetime frame warranty.
- Brand’s high quality, standard and excellent performance.
- Folding system and easy storage.
- Fitkit FT100 Series motorized treadmill: This is regarded as one of the best home use treadmill in India as it is for someone who wants a treadmill for convenience and light exercise. It gives you comfort, smooth and quiet workout even while the treadmill is used at a moderate level.
- Sports equipment and can be used to burn the extra calories you have.
- 3 level manual incline.
- 75 HP DC green motor.
- Cushioning deck to reduce the impact on joints.
- Compact and can fit in the corners.
- 3-year motor warranty, 1 year part warranty and lifetime frame warranty.
Buying the best treadmill for home use is much more economical than visiting a gym and keeps every member of the family fit, it is also convenient and one can work out any time he/she wants. But the market is filled with various types and brands of the treadmill so before buying a treadmill always consider things like price and condition, motor functionality, storage capacity, number of people using it, weight resistance, belt size, speed, cushioning, etc.
The treadmill is one of the most efficient fitness equipment and a fruitful investment for anyone who is looking for achieving body goals. The best thing about having a treadmill at home is that you never tend to miss your workout session and can work out at any time as per your convenience. So, what are you waiting for? Choose the treadmill that suits your requirements and start working towards that flawless summer body.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS –
- DOES TREADMILL HELP WITH BELLY FATS?
Treadmill won’t alone target your belly fats but running for 30-40 minutes every day will bring an overall change in your body and will help you to cut down the cholesterol level from your body thus improving your heart condition.
- ARE TREADMILL BAD FOR LEGS?
The treadmill is a very effective way of burning calories and strengthens your body muscles and increase your stamina. But there are people who prefer running outdoors as compared to the treadmill. Generally, the treadmill is safer than running outdoors in terms of injuries but then it depends on what a person prefers.
- HOW LONG SHOULD A PERSON WALK ON TREADMILL TO GET RESULTS?
This completely depends on your stamina and capacity but a minimum of 30-60 minutes at a moderate speed is a good workout session on a treadmill. But for starters, start with 15-30 minutes a day and then one can grow gradually. Good workout sessions on the treadmill and good diet and you will definitely see changes in yourself.
- HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST TREADMILL FOR HOME USE?
Before buying a treadmill always consider certain things like price and condition, motor functionality and control, storage capacity, warranty, weight resistance, number of people using it, belt size, speed, stability, cushioning, control panel, durability, safety running deck, etc.
- WHAT TYPE OF TREADMILL IS BEST FOR HOME USE?
Treadmills are of two types manual and automatic. Though manual treadmills belong to the lower end of the market and seem very economical automatic treadmills are best for home use as it is more convenient and easier to operate and have many fitness advantages.