Whole wheat Kerala banana Jaggery Cake
40 min cook time
10 min prep time
- Whole wheat flour - 1 cup
- Baking powder - 1 tsp
- Baking soda - 1/4 tsp
- Kerala (Nendra) banana (ripe) - 1
- Milk - 1 cup
- Eggs - 2
- Jaggery - (1.5 inch cube) – 2-3 pieces
- Water - half cup
- Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- Salt - a pinch
- Cashew (finely chopped) - 5-6
- Sieve whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt twice.
- Melt jaggery and water in low heat and allow it to cool.
- Slice the banana and blend with milk until it forms a smooth paste.
- Later on add eggs, milk, jaggery and vanilla essence and mix thoroughly.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees centigrade.
- Mix the wet mixture slowly to the dry ingredients.
- Add the cashews. Continue to whisk gently until mixed completely.
- Line the cake mould with little butter and pour the cake batter.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
Enjoy your yummy cake !!
This is an original recipe written By Famina Sherif.