Whole Moong Dal Vada Recipe
|Serving Size 1 Serving||Per Serving% Daily Value*|
|Calories||315||Calories from Fat||110|
|Total Fat||12.2g 19%||Saturated Fat||1.5g 8%|
|Cholesterol||0mg 0%||Sodium||599mg 25%|
|Potassium||622mg 18%||Carbohydrates||42.6g 14%|
|Dietary Fiber||11.2g 45%||Sugars||10.1g|
|Vitamin C||19%||Calcium 9%||Iron 19%|
|Serving Size 1 Serving|
|Total Fat||12.2g 19%|
|Dietary Fiber||11.2g 45%|
|Per Serving% Daily Value*|
|Calories from Fat||110|
|Saturated Fat||1.5g 8%|
|Calcium 9%||Iron 19%|
- Soak the moong and channa dal in warm water in a bowl for at least 5 to 6 hours or overnight.
- Once the dal has soaked well, drain the water and grind the dal using very little water to make a coarse thick vada batter.
- Transfer the vada batter to a mixing bowl and add chopped onions, chilies, ginger- garlic paste, asafoetida and salt to taste. Mix everything well and allow it to rest for 10 minutes.
- These can be cooked in 2 ways – Shallow frying in an appe/ paniyaram pan and Baking
To Shallow Fry In An Appe/ Paniyaram Pan
- Grease the appe pan with a little oil. Once the pan is hot, make small balls of the Moong Dal Vada batter and drop it into each hole of the pan carefully. Flip sides and sprinkle a little oil on the flipped side; fry till the vadas have browned well and are crisp.
- Line a greased baking sheet. Make small balls of the Moong Dal Vada batter and arrange them on the baking sheet leaving a little space between each other. Drizzle some oil on each vada and bake for 12 to 15 minutes (oven times may vary) or till golden brown on both sides.
- Once done, drain any excess oil on a kitchen towel and serve warm.
Green Gram is one of the best vegetarian superfoods that has been praised for its amazing health benefits. One bowl of cooked green gram is not more than a 100 calories. Here are some more of its health benefits:
Helps you lose weight – Not only does it help you shed kilos but also keeps you full for a longer period of time. Since the calorie count is so less, you will be able to banish fat much quicker than you would like to think.
Helps control blood pressure – It maintains your blood pressure, counteracts the effects of sodium and helps you live a life that is healthy and active.
Good source of iron – If you suffer from iron deficiency, try and add green gram to your meals.
Protects from skin cancer – if you add green gram to your diet, you will allow the antioxidants present in it to fight against those free radicals and protect you from skin cancer.
Whole Moong Dal Vada is a crispy, delicious and healthy evening tea time snack prepared with whole moong dal and channa dal. For additional flavors, chopped curry leaves or coriander leaves can be added to the batter before frying them.