Sweet Corn Clear Soup
10 min cook time
10 min prep time
- Sweet corn (kernels) – ½ cup
- Mixed vegetables (carrots, beans, onions, spring onions) – ¾ cup finely chopped
- Water – 2 cups
- Black pepper (freshly ground) – ½ tsp
- Corn flour – 2 tsp
- Sugar – ¼ tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Seasoning (oregano/thyme) – ¼ tsp
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Sauté all the vegetables for a couple of minutes in the 1 tsp oil in a pan.
- Add water and salt and bring to a boil. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix the corn flour in 2 tbsp of water without lumps.
- Once water has reduced a bit, add the corn flour and mix.
- As it starts to thicken, add the pepper, sugar and mix. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Season with oregano/thyme and some more pepper and serve hot.
A nutritious soup that both kids and adults love. Try making this another Vegetable Soup With Chickpeas and pumpkin at home and serve hot!
Image source – © Jaya Parasuraman