Snowmen Mashed Potatoes
- 4-5 boiled potatos
- 2 teaspoon of oil
- lime juice (as much you needed)
- green chillies
- Boil 4 to 5 potatoes, peel and mash till smooth.
- When the potatoes cool down enough to touch, using your hands take out any lumps. Add oil little by little while mixing by hand so the potatoes are not too sticky.
- Add juice from one lime at a time, and taste to make sure there’s enough lime flavour. Don’t let the mashed potatoes get too thin else you won’t be able to shape them.
- Add a little bit of chopped green chilies, seeds removed and skin finely chopped. (add as per spice tolerance)
- Season with salt and cracked pepper.
- To make the snowmen, roll the mashed potatoes into small balls in two sizes, one smaller than the other.
- Stack the small ones on top of big ones and poke a toothpick through them. For the eyes and nose, you can use a variety of things – chop olives finely for eyes and red bell pepper for nose or you can also use carrots, peas etc.
Gathering the kids around the table for a holiday meal should be easy, not a chore. Adding fun, kid-friendly dishes to the meal is a surefire way to ensure that they’ll be running for their seats come mealtimes. This Christmas, why not shake up the menu a bit to include some festive side dishes — they’re sure to bring out the kid in everyone at the table!
|Serving Size 1 Serving|
|Per Serving% Daily Value*|
|Calories from Fat 88|
|Total Fat 9.8g15%|
|Saturated Fat 2.0g10%|
|Dietary Fiber 18.8g75%|
|Vitamin A 0% · Vitamin C 280%|
|Calcium 10% · Iron 37%|