Power Punch Pancakes: Boost your Brain Power
- 1 1/4 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 3/4 cup oats
- 1/4 cup flaxseed, ground
- 1 medium banana
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt or regular salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup strawberries or blueberries
- Place all ingredients, except eggs, coconut oil and berries into a good quality blender. Blend until oats are ground and everything is mixed well.
- Add eggs and pulse until incorporated.
- Heat a griddle over medium heat and melt a teaspoon or two of coconut oil (or butter). Pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto the griddle for each pancake. Drop 3-4 berries onto each pancake before flipping. Brown on both sides (about 2-3 minutes per side) and serve hot with more berries and maple syrup or honey. If the batter is too thick to pour, add a tablespoon or two of almond milk to thin.
These quick, easy, and delicious Power Punch Pancake Recipe is high in protein, fiber, and omega 3s – the perfect start to your child’s day!
This yummy breakfast has everything your child needs to be focused and ready for a successful school day. The protein and fiber will help keep your child feeling full and studies show that omega 3s can improve mental skills, like thinking, remembering, and learning.
These pancakes are also healthy, refined sugar-free, and it only takes a few minutes to throw all the ingredients into the blender! Quick, easy, and healthy … It doesn’t get much better than that!
Add some extra berries on top and a little drizzle of pure maple syrup and it is sure to be a big hit with the whole family; will be devoured in minutes! Yay! For healthy food and especially healthy breakfasts that taste good!