Pinwheel Pizza Lollies for Kids
Ingredients For Pizza Base
- Wheat Flour - 1/2 cup
- Maida / Plain Flour - 1/2 cup
- Warm Water- 1/3 cup
- Active Yeast - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Sugar - 1/2 tbsp
- Oil / olive oil- 1 tbsp
Ingredients for Filling
- Onion - 1 tbsp finely chopped
- Tomato - 1 tbsp finely chopped
- Bell Pepper - 2 tbsp finely chopped
- Olive - 1 tbsp finely chopped (Optional)
- Boneless chicken pieces or other meats; cooked and finely chopped – 4 tbsp
- Pizza Sauce - 2-3 tbsp
- Mozarella Cheese; grated - as required
- Oregano - as required
- Fresh basil leaves; finely chopped
- Take warm water, oil, sugar and salt. Add yeast to it and whisk well. Keep aside.
- Sieve wheat flour and maida in a large mixing bowl. Add the flour mixture to the yeast solution. Combine well and knead it to a soft pliable dough. Set aside to rest in a warm place for atleast an hour or two or till the dough has doubled in size.
- Dust your kitchen surface with flour and roll the dough to a slightly thick long rectangle shape.
- Add the pizza sauce and sprinkle oregano. Then spread the onions, tomatoes, bell peppers, olives, and meats on it. Sprinkle grated cheese on top.
- Roll it tightly to a log from one end to another. Be gentle while doing this.
- Cling wrap it and refrigerate it for 10 to 15 minutes so that the dough becomes stiff and you can cut them with ease.
- Preheat oven at 180 degree Celsius for 10mins.
- Brush the pizza roll with olive oil and cut into slightly thick slices.
- Line the baking tray with silver foil //butter paper. Arrange the pizza slices on it.Sprinkle some more cheese, oregano and basil leaves on each pinwheel slice.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 180 deg C for 12-15 minutes or until the edges start to brown.
Prick a lollipop stick/toothpick to the pizza pinwheels when it is hot, your pizza lollies are ready. Serve these hot or warm.
Make Home-made pizza for kids is definitely a much healthier option than store bought/frozen ones. Freshly made from scratch, they are delicious and preservative free.
Pizza is such a diverse delicacy. You can play around with a whole lot of ingredients, flavors and colors.
On days when your children completely pig out on vegetables, home-made pizza loaded with vegetables, cheese, meats and other toppings is a tasty quick fix to ensure intake of lots of veggies thus taking care of their nutrition.
And what if we got innovative and gave pizza a whole new twist?! What if pizza suddenly looked like little lollipops that children ever so adore!!
Pinwheel Pizza Lollies are super quick to make, easy to eat and are Delicious! A few pizza lollies served with fresh salads, and cut up fruit makes a fuss free meal for children anytime of the day.
These pizzas are made with a combination of whole wheat flour and all purpose flour adding more to the nutritional value than store bought pizza. Pizzas now don’t need to be an occasional treat for a birthday!
Scratching your head and thinking of what to fill their snack boxes with? Go ahead and make these simple and sumptuous Pinwheel Pizza Lollies.
Image Source: ©Donna George