Paneer Stuffed Kuzhi Paniyaram
1/2 cup Idli/ Dosa batter
5 to 6 small/ shallots/ sambar onions, finely chopped
A small bunch of coriander leaves, finely chopped
Ingredients for the Paneer Stuffing
1/4 cup grated paneer
1/2 of a small size onion, finely chopped
1/2 a small size tomato, finely chopped
1/2 inch piece of ginger, grated
1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 green chili, finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon red chili powder
A pinch of turmeric powder
1 tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
|Serving Size||1 Serving||Per Serving%||Daily Value*|
|Calories||346||Calories from Fat||140|
|Total Fat||15.5g24%||Saturated Fat||2.5g12%|
|Serving Size||1 Serving|
|Per Serving%||Daily Value*|
|Calories from Fat||140|
Get your Idli/ dosa batter ready. It should be at room temperature.
To Prepare The Paneer Filling
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add cumin seeds and wait till they crackle. Next add the chopped onions and green chilies and sauté till onions turn soft and light pink in color. Add the grated ginger along with chopped tomato and cook until they turn soft. Now add the spice powders and salt and stir to combine.
- To this, add the grated paneer and stir to combine. Check for salt and spice levels and adjust to suit your taste. Transfer the paneer filling into a bowl and set aside to cool down.
- Add finely chopped onions and coriander leaves into the Idli/ Dosa batter. Stir to combine well. Check for salt in the dosa batter and adjust to suit your taste.
To Prepare The Paniyaram
- Heat the paniyaram pan over medium heat. Put a few drops of oil in each cavity of the pan, so that the batter does not stick to the pan. Pour a spoonful of the batter into each cavity until they are half filled.
- Add a teaspoon of paneer filling over the layer of idli dosa batter. Cover the paneer layer with another layer of idli dosa batter.
- Cover the pan and let the paniyaram cook on medium heat, for about 7 to 10 minutes. You will notice the top is steamed. When the top looks cooked, flip the paniyaram over to the other side. Allow it to cook uncovered for another couple of minutes until both sides are crisp.
Serve Paneer Stuffed Kuzhi Paniyaram for breakfast with a chutney of your choice.
Paneer Stuffed Kuzhi Paniyaram is a fun twist to the traditional Paniyaram recipe. The addition of spicy paneer filling in the center of the paniyaram makes it very flavorful. This dish makes a wholesome breakfast and can be enjoyed with a chutney of your choice.
With some idli/ dosa batter in the refrigerator, these Paneer Stuffed Kuzhi Paniyaram are easy and quick to prepare.