Paneer And Pumpkin Paratha
- 1/4 cup Whole wheat flour + a little more
- 3 tablespoons Paneer, grated
- 3 tablespoons Pumpkin puree
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger, minced
- A pinch of Turmeric powder
- Salt, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Coriander powder
- A little Oil/ ghee
|Serving Size||1 Serving||Total Fat||9.8g15%|
|Per Serving%||Daily Value*||Saturated Fat||6.0g30%|
|Calories from Fat||88||Sodium||757mg32%|
|Calcium||5% ·||· Vitamin C||4%|
|Serving Size||1 Serving|
|Per Serving%||Daily Value*|
|Calories from Fat||88|
|· Vitamin C||4%|
- To Prepare Pumpkin Puree
- Peel and cut up yellow pumpkin. Steam the pumpkin cubes in the pressure cooker till completely cooked. Once done, mash it. Keep aside.
- To Prepare The Paratha
- In a mixing bowl, add the whole wheat flour, paneer, ginger, turmeric, salt and coriander powder. Mix well. Add the pumpkin puree and knead into a smooth dough. If the dough is too dry add more pumpkin puree or if too wet, add more flour. Add little oil and knead until smooth.
- Divide the dough and form balls. Roll out into thick parathas, occasionally dusting it with flour.
- On a hot tava/ pan, place the rolled out parathas and cook on one side on a medium flame for a few seconds. Flip over and apply a little ghee/ oil on this side and allow to cook until golden spots appear. Flip over once again and apply ghee/ oil on the other side as well. Cook for a few more seconds on the same side.
Pumpkin is a rich source of minerals like copper, calcium, potassium and phosphorus. Pumpkin seeds indeed are an excellent source of dietary fiber and mono-unsaturated fatty acids, which are good for heart health. In addition, the seeds are concentrated sources of protein, minerals and health-benefiting vitamins.
Paneer is a dairy product linked with many health benefits, thanks to its great nutritional value. This dairy product is good source of Calcium and good source of protein. On account of its nutrient content there are a plethora of health benefits of paneer.
These health benefits include:
Controls and reduces blood pressure, It is a remedy for Osteoporosis, It is best for lowering body, back and joint pain, It is best for weight loss, Reduces the risk of stomach cancer, breast cancer & colon cancer
This combination of paneer and pumpkin puree in a parathas is not just tasty but is a healthy dinner for a busy weeknight. Loaded with the goodness of pumpkin and paneer, this dish also makes an excellent lunch box idea for your children.
This dish is: Low in sugar, High in selenium and Very high in vitamin A