Mixed Vegetable Paratha Rolls
- 5 plain whole wheat tawa parathas
- 3 carrots, finely chopped
- 15 to 20 green beans, finely chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 green chili
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Oil for cooking
|Serving Size||1 Serving||Calories from Fat||140|
|Per Serving%||Daily Value*||Total Fat||15.6g24%|
|Protein||39.5g||Vitamin A||801% ·|
|Calcium||62% ·||Vitamin C||530%|
|Serving Size||1 Serving|
|Per Serving%||Daily Value*|
|Calories from Fat||140|
|Vitamin A||801% ·|
- Keep the plain parathas ready. Make sure the parathas are hot while assembling the rolls.
- To Prepare The Filling
- Heat a teaspoon of oil in a heavy bottomed pan on medium heat. Add the onions, green chili, bell pepper, carrots and beans, sprinkle some salt and stir fry on medium heat until the carrots and beans are cooked. When it is almost done, add in the chopped cabbage and stir fry it until the cabbage has softened. Stir in the pepper and check the spice levels and adjust to suit your taste.
- To Prepare The Wrap
- Place the cooked whole wheat tawa paratha for the wrap on a working surface.
- Arrange a small portion of the roasted vegetables towards the center of the paratha. Fold the two opposite ends of the paratha over the filling. Start rolling the paratha from one open end over the two folded sides. Roll the entire paratha tightly and wrap a foil or butter paper around it.
- Serve the delicious healthy Mixed Vegetable Paratha Rolls for your kids lunch box or as a travel snack or just a weeknight dinner.
This healthy Mixed Vegetable Paratha Rolls is a delicious twist to the popular street food in India that are made from paneer, potato, chicken or eggs. These rolls are also known as wraps or frankies that has roasted vegetables wrapped in a healthy whole wheat plain paratha. It is nutritious and makes a perfect kids school lunch box or a weeknight dinner.
This dish is: Very low in saturated fat, No cholesterol, Very high in dietary fiber, Very
high in vitamin A and Very high in vitamin C.