Make Kid-Friendly Christmas Wine
10 min cook time
- 1 litre fresh/store-bought apple juice
- 30 to 40 grams castor sugar (adjust as per taste)
- 65 milliliter freshly squeezed (or store-bought) orange juice
- 150 grams cheddar cheese; grated (grate using the largest hole option available on the grater)
- Mint leaves; to garnish
- Put a shallow metal tray in the freezer. Combine the apple juice, sugar and orange juice in a bowl and stir until the sugar dissolves. Pour the mixture into the chilled tray and freeze.
- Leave until it begins to freeze around the edges and then stir thoroughly. Every 30 minutes or so, stir with a fork, crushing any lumps, until the ice is firm but not frozen solid – this will take about 3 hours. Transfer to a container with a lid and store in the freezer.
- Serve the ice in teacups or glasses, with the grated Cheddar added, garnished with mint leaves.
Apple, Orange and Cheddar Granita
Get your children to be a part of this flavor filled Christmas drink.
|Serving Size 1 Serving|
|Per Serving% Daily Value*|
|Calories from Fat 461|
|Total Fat 51.2g79%|
|Saturated Fat 31.9g159%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.7g11%|
|Vitamin A 49% · Vitamin C 827%|
|Calcium 120% · Iron 47%|