Indian Style Broccoli Rice
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets, washed and cleaned
- 1/4 cup cooked peas
- 1/2 cup brown rice or basmati rice, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 1 onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon sambar powder or a mix of chili powder and coriander powder
- A pinch of garam masala
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon roasted peanuts
- A few mint leaves, finely chopped
- Generous amount of coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Salt, to taste
|Serving Size||1 Serving||Saturated Fat||2.4g12%|
|Per Serving%||Daily Value*||Cholesterol||0mg0%|
|Calories from Fat||163||Potassium||756mg22%|
|Vitamin A||18% ·||Protein||14.3g|
|Vitamin C||107%||Calcium||10% ·|
|Serving Size||1 Serving|
|Per Serving%||Daily Value*|
|Calories from Fat||163|
|Vitamin A||18% ·|
- Cook the rice with enough water in the pressure cooker or any method which you usually use to cook rice. Once done, separate the grains by fluffing it with a fork. Keep aside to cool by placing it on a large flat plate.
- Heat oil in a wok and add ginger-garlic paste. Sauté on a low flame till the raw smell goes away. Add the chopped onions and sauté till they turn golden brown. Add the broccoli florets and peas and add throw in the spice powders along with salt. Sauté on a medium flame till the raw smell of the masala powder disappears. Make sure the broccoli does not lose it’s crunch. Throw in the roasted peanuts and mix well.
- Switch off the flame and add this mixture to the rice. Gently mix it all well and garnish with mint and coriander leaves.
- Serve with a cool raita of your choice.
Broccoli is an excellent source of vitamin K, vitamin C, chromium, and folate. It is a very good source of dietary fiber, pantothenic acid, vitamin B6, vitamin E, manganese, phosphorus, choline, vitamin B1, vitamin A (in the form of carotenoids), potassium, and copper.
This yummy rice dish prepared with broccoli is a healthy and wholesome lunch for your whole family.
This dish is: Low in saturated fat, No cholesterol, Very high in manganese and High in vitamin C.