Homemade granola Bars
- 1 cup Medjool dates or any soft dates soaked and pitted
- 1cup dry roasted almonds
- ¼ cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup raisins
- ½ cup rolled oats or instant dry roasted
- Dry roasted flax seeds, chia seeds, sesame seeds (optional)
|Nutrition Facts Serving Size||200 g||Calories||672|
|Calories from Fat||95||Total Fat||10.5g 16%|
|Saturated Fat||1.1g 5%||Trans Fat||0.0g|
|Cholesterol||0mg 0%||Sodium||19mg 1%|
|Potassium||1340mg 38%||Total Carbohydrates||145.6g 49%|
|Dietary Fiber||11.3g 45%||Sugars||86.8g|
|Nutrition Facts Serving Size||200 g|
|Calories from Fat||95|
|Saturated Fat||1.1g 5%|
|Dietary Fiber||11.3g 45%|
|Total Fat||10.5g 16%|
|Total Carbohydrates||145.6g 49%|
- In a food processor add all the above ingredients and blend until it becomes 1 soft solid ball, (chewy). Otherwise, blend the dates first, then add all the other ingredients until they are bit sizes or broken.
- Place the mixture on a plate and knead.If it is dry you can add a little bit of pure coconut oil
- Put the kneaded mixture on a wax paper or a dry sheet, press down firmly, until uniformly flattened into a square approximately half inch thick.You can use a pin roll.This helps them to hold together.
- Cover it with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour
- After 1 hour, you can cut them into bars and wrap them in a box and refrigerate.
Do you love the granola bars available in the markets.if yes, you should know that they are not at all healthy with all those loaded sugar.You can make granola bars at home with all the healthy ingredients.They are nutritious, very filling and well-rounded on the go snack or post workout.The natural sugar content from dates may be high. but considering the fiber content, it is a healthy snack and easy to make
Most of them like granola in milk or as a topping on yogurt.You can also add roasted chia seeds, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, bran and other dry fruits also.
It is a good source of healthy fat a nd contains many vitamins and minerals.The insoluble fiber, vitamins especially Vitamin E, antioxidants, minerals help in anti-aging as well as weight loss