- Butter – unsalted – 250 g
- Heat the butter in a heavy bottomed pan till it foams and the crackling subsides.
- Part the foam. The ghee is done if –
- The liquid is golden
- Milk solids have settled at the bottom
- Cool, filter and store in a clean air-tight jar.
I remember the aroma and flavor of home-made ghee that my mother and my grandma used to make when I was young.
Now, I have been following the same ritual for my son. And he too loves it! After all, it is considered to be of the purest form and is good for your child’s bones and skin.
Note: The cooking time may vary with the quantity of butter.
Image source: Chez Jay