Healthy Pizza Muffins your kid will love
20 min cook time
20 min prep time
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Dried Basil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 cup Cheddar
- 3/4 cup Curds
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 4 Egg Whites – can be replaced with 4 tbsp flax seed powder mixed in 12 tbsp of water
- 1/4 cup Butter, melted
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Pizza Vegetables
- 1/4 cup Pizza Sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded Fresh Mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 200 C. In a large bowl, add together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, basil and baking soda and mix until combined. Stir in cheddar cubes.
- In another bowl, whisk together curd, eggs and butter until smooth.
- Stir into flour mixture
- Just until well combined. Don’t be too rough, but make sure to check there are no dry spots visible.
- Stir in the veggies.
- The batter will be very thick.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups, dividing evenly. Make sure to grease the cups well to avoid the pizza muffins from sticking to it.
- Spoon 1 tsp pizza sauce on top of each muffin
- Sprinkle each with shredded mozzarella.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until golden and a toothpick inserted in center of one of middle muffins comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool in pan at least 5 minutes before removing, then let cool completely on a wire rack. You can freeze muffins in an airtight container for up to 1 month; defrost at room temperature.
Got Kids who love chicken Pizza ? Here is a yummy recipe to wow your kids with a healthier version of the pizza ! While traditionally Pizza is made of maida, this is made with atta making it a delicious alternative !
Image Source : Dollar photo club