Eggless Multigrain Cupcakes
- 1/3 cup Finger millet flour/Ragi flour
- 2/3 cup Whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup super fine Brown sugar
- A pinch of Salt
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/3 cup Oil (any flavorless vegetable oil)
- 1/3 cup Curd/Plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup Milk, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- Sieve all the dry ingredients except sugar into a bowl.
- Preheat the oven at 180 Degree Celsius for 10 minutes.
- Grease and line a muffin or cupcake tray and arrange cupcake liners on it.
- Beat milk, curd and sugar until frothy. Add oil and beat until well combined. Add the dry ingredients and vanilla essence and using a spatula fold until well combined.
- Fill the muffin tray with the batter until 3/4th full. Top it with chopped nuts (walnuts, almonds, cashew etc.) if preferred. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
Storage: Store the cupcakes it in an airtight container. These stay good for a day or two at room temperature. Post two days, it needs to be refrigerated.
Packed with so many nutrients, Finger Millet/Ragi is absolutely beneficial for consumption by everyone, especially children. Ragi-based foods are easy to digest because of high fiber content. In their growing years, kids need optimum amounts of protein, iron, calcium and minerals for their bodies to develop healthily. Ragi gives all of these and much more.
- Rich in calcium
- High fibre content
- Battles anemia because of natural iron content
- Natural relaxant
- Regular consumption of ragi boosts immunity in children and lowers the levels of harmful cholesterol.
- Ragi induces release of growth hormones in children.
- Ragi helps control blood sugar in obese children.
- Amino acid methionine keeps the skin and hair healthy.
This recipe for Multigrain Cupcakes uses a combination of wholewheat flour and finger millet flour. These cupcakes are extremely simple to prepare and taste delicious. This makes a healthy and filling snack or dessert. These are also perfect for kiddie birthdays, parties etc.
|Serving Size 1 Serving|
|Per Serving% Daily Value*|
|Calories from Fat 723|
|Total Fat 80.3g124%|
|Saturated Fat 12.9g64%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.8g23%|
|Vitamin A 3% · Vitamin C 0%|
|Calcium 40% · Iron 18%|