Delicious Italian Wonderpot: One Pot Meals to cook on days you are exhausted!
- 350g dried pasta (any kind, fettuccine, macaroni shells, penne etc)
- 1 medium onion, sliced into segments
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves OR coarsely chopped regular spinach leaves
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- A handful of corn kernels
- 2 to 2.5 cups diced tomatoes (preferably blanched and skinned)
- 1 tbsp Italian herb mix (you can make your own. Refer notes for recipe)
- 4 to 5 cloves garlic, sliced or coarsely crushed
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 100g feta or any other cheese, crumbled
1. Get all your ingredients ready and prepped.
2. Place all ingredients into a soup pot except for the cheese. Cover and bring to the boil.
3. Remove the lid and reduce heat to medium or low. Continue to cook for 10 minutes or until the pasta is softened and all of the liquid is reduced to a creamy sauce.
4. Add crumbled feta (or any cheese of your choice) to the pan and stir.
5. Serve hot or warm.
1. For the Italian Herb Mix: Mix together 1 tablespoon each of dried oregano, basil, rosemary, thyme, and sage. Store in an airtight container.
2. For a non vegetarian version of this dish, throw in some diced chicken breasts or thighs, or shrimp or even finely chopped bacon or ham!
This wonderpot is such a joy to make! Simply toss all the ingredients in together, wait for it to cook itself and voila, dinner is ready. This recipe is great for getting dinner on the table in a hurry, especially on those weeknights when you are completely drained. Kids will love the tomato flavor in this easy dish. This tasty dish includes pasta, vegetables and herbs all cooked in the one pot. Throw it all in together and simmer it down to a creamy pasta meal that’s packed full of flavor.
Get your kids to help you make this super easy and tasty pasta dish. Bonding over food brings so much happiness and laughter.
Make sure you include this in your meal plan this week.