Corn palak Curry
For Spinach puree
For the masala
- 1 /2 cup onion chopped
- ½ cup chopped tomato
- ½ teaspoon Ginger garlic paste
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon jeera powder
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- 1 cup of sweet corn kernels
- Low-fat milk
|Serving Size||663 g||Calories||307|
|Calories from Fat||38||Total Fat||4.2g 7%|
|Saturated Fat||1.6g 8%||Trans Fat||0.0g|
|Cholesterol||12mg 4%||Sodium||139mg 6%|
|Potassium||855mg 24%||Total Carbohydrates||55.5g 18%|
|Dietary Fiber||4.6g 18%||Sugars||25.1g|
|Serving Size||663 g|
|Calories from Fat||38|
|Saturated Fat||1.6g 8%|
|Dietary Fiber||4.6g 18%|
|Total Fat||4.2g 7%|
|Total Carbohydrates||55.5g 18%|
- Add the turmeric powder, coriander powder , garam masala powder and chopped tomato.saute till the gravy thickens.Switch off the flame
- After cooling,blend the above mixture in a blender.
- Heat oil in a pan ,Add the masala pureed mixture,jeera powder and fry for some minutes
- Add the spinach puree and corns
- Add some water and mix well and cook for 4-5minutes
- Add the milk, salt and mix well .Cook on a medium flame for a minute.
- Serve hot with chapathi!
Corn palak curry is an easy and healthy curry that you can enjoy with chapathi or phulka.This curry is a variation of palak paneer.As sweet corn is one of the food you should take in summer,combining with the palak makes it a nutritious side dish
Benefits of sweet corns
Corn is a good source of a phenolic flavonoid, antioxidant, ferulic acid. Several research studies suggest that ferulic acid plays a vital role in preventing cancers, aging, and inflammation in humans.
It is gluten free
It is a rich source of Vitamin B complex and some minerals like zinc, magnesium, copper, iron, and manganese.
It contains high levels of Beta-carotenes, lutein, xanthins and cryptoxanthin pigments which help in healthy vision and protect the body from cancer and heart disease.
Benefits of spinach
Spinach is lower in cholesterol and fat
Spinach is a rich source of fiber,protein,niacin,Zinc,iron.
It is known for its VitaminK content and also contain vitamin A ,vitamin C,calcium,copper and manganese
The folate in spinach helps in protecting our heart and flavonoids act as antioxidants and protect our body from cancer
It is also known to increase our brain function and memory.