- Citrusy French Toast With Orange Maple Butter : Fast, Fresh And Simple Breakfasts
Citrusy French Toast With Orange Maple Butter : Fast, Fresh and Simple Breakfasts
Ingredients For French Toast
- 6 to 8 Bread slices (whole wheat bread or any bread should be fine)
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Orange zest
- 1 teaspoon Orange juice (preferably freshly squeezed)
- A pinch of Salt
Ingredients For Orange Maple Butter
- 1/2 stick Butter
- 1 teaspoon Orange zest
- 2 teaspoons Maple syrup
- A pinch of Salt
To Prepare French Toast
- In a baking dish, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla extract, sugar, orange zest, juice, and salt. Add the slices of bread until they are completely soaked in the milk and egg mixture. Leave the bread in the mixture for 15 minutes, lightly pressing in between to make sure all sides are completely soaked.
- In a pan, over medium heat, add a little butter. When the butter starts to bubble, add the soaked bread slices and lower heat if the butter starts to burn. Cook the french toast until crisp on one side and flip over. Make sure the inside is cooked thoroughly before removing from heat. Serve immediately.
To Prepare Orange Maple Butter
- Add all the ingredients for the orange maple butter into a food processor and mix through. Check for salt and sweetness. Adjust flavors if needed. Leave in the refrigerator until ready to use.
With oranges still in season, this dish is the perfect breakfast for your whole family.
This Citrusy French Toast was delicious. Perfectly crispy, but still creamy on the inside… with that hint of vanilla and topped with smooth and tasty orange maple butter. It is sure to be a regular on your breakfast table.
So quick to prepare and a definite winner recipe. Top with plenty of warm maple syrup and fresh fruit and enjoy this wonderful French toast for breakfast.
|Serving Size 1 Serving|
|Per Serving% Daily Value*|
|Calories from Fat 643|
|Total Fat 71.5g110%|
|Saturated Fat 38.8g194%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g6%|
|Vitamin A 49% · Vitamin C 14%|
|Calcium 35% · Iron 31%|