Cheesy Spinach Bites
- Olive oil – 1 tablespoon
- Onion – 1 medium size
- Eggs – 3 medium size
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Cottage cheese – I cup
- Mozzarella cheese – ½ cup
- Parmesan cheese – ½ cup
- Spinach – 1 big bundle, thoroughly washed, de-stemmed and coarsely chopped
- Salt – As per taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat and cook the onions and garlic for about 10 minutes, until well cooked and slightly caramelised.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl.
- Mix cottage cheese, mozzarella, parmesan cheese, spinach, and onion/garlic mixture in a food processor.
- Pour the mixture into greased muffin tin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at the same temperature until the filling turns golden on top.
High in vitamin D, dietary fibre, magnesium, potassium and iron, spinach is one of the most nutritious leafy vegetables for both kids and adults. Why not use this as an ingredient for a yummy snack item that your kids will love to have?
Tip: Start with one and pierce it with a fork or knife in the centre to check if it is properly cooked.