Cheese Corn Nuggets
- Grated Processed Cheese - 3/4th Cup
- Sweet Corn Kernels – 1/4th Cup, Use whole kernels or grind them coarsely
- Corn Flour – 2 tbsp
- Green Chilli Paste – 1/4th tsp Can be avoided if your child doesn’t relish spice
- Salt to taste
Ingredients for Coating
- Tip the corn kernels, corn flour, green chilli paste and garlic paste into a bowl and mix them to form soft dough. Add a little bit of water to make the dough, only if required.
- Get your child to make small balls with the dough and flatten them into a shape of their choice.
- Mix the all purpose flour with water in a separate bowl to form a thick batter of semi-solid consistency.
- Again let your child dip the balls in the batter and then roll them in the bread crumbs and fill them with grated cheese.
- Deep fry the nuggets in hot oil till they turn golden brown.
- Place them on an absorbent paper for a few minutes before you serve them to your little wonders!
With monsoons here, it is again that time to the year when you get corn in plenty. Here are some of the most significant health benefits of corn that help in combatting some of the most common issues with children:
Health Benefits of Corn
- As it is rich in dietary fibre, it aids digestion and is good for constipation. Ensuring intake of fibre is a challenge with kids, but not with corn, as most kids love the versatile vegetable.
- It prevents Anemia, as it is rich in Vitamin B12 and Folic Acid. This fact should relax most mothers!
- Being a starchy vegetable, it is rich in carbohydrates and increases energy. Any corn snack before vigorous physical activity like swimming, football, dance etc, can give kids lasting energy.
- Beta- carotene present in corn helps in producing Vitamin A, supporting better vision.
- Corn in rich in anti-oxidants and can fight and prevent cancer.
Delumptious!!! (This I understand, from my 8 year old daughter, is the new age word that means delicious+ scrumptious)