Cheese Bread Vada with Curd
25 min cook time
5 min prep time
- 10 bread slices
- 250 gm curd
- Oil to fry
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp amchoor (Sour dried mango) powder
- Chopped mint (you may add coriander for chutney) leaves
- A pinch of (cumin) jeera powder
- 1 Tbsp anardana (Pomegranate seeds)
- Cut the brown portion from all slices, using kitchen scissors.
- Soak these slices in water and squeeze in your palms.
- Then mix mashed paneer (shred it or grind it in a blender) in soaked bread slices.
- Sprinkle amchoor and add salt as per your taste.
- Make small-sized balls of the mixture.
- Flatten the balls a bit and deep fry till light brown.
- Remove from oil using tissue papers and soak in warm water for 10 minutes. Squeeze and keep aside.
- Beat the curd. Then add salt and chilli powder. Pour over the vadas and decorate with mint and/ coriander chutney, jeera powder, tamarind (imli) chutney and anardana.
Dahi vada is made of moong dal and this takes a lot of time. Ever thought of making it with bread and cheese? This easy-to-make, yummy recipe is different way of making the same snack!