BESAN KA CHEELA
15 min prep time
- 2 cups – Besan
- 3tbsp – Corn flour
- 1 – Large Onion (finely chopped)
- 3 – Green chillies (finely chopped)
- 1 –Tomato (deseeded and chopped )
- Cilantro leaves, (finely chopped)- 1/4 cup
- 1 tsp – Black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp – Red Chilli powder
- 1 tsp – Chat masala
- 1 tsp – Coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- Water to make a smooth batter
- Oil for cooking.
- Combine the besan, corn flour, onion, green chillies, tomato, cilantro leaves, black pepper powder, red chilli powder, chat masala, coriander powder and salt in a bowl.
- Add water to make a spread like batter.
- Now heat a non-stick tawa and pour a ladle of the batter and spread it like a dosa.
- Pour 1 tsp of oil on the sides, and cook on medium flame until the side is golden.
- Now turn it upside down and cook the other side till it turns to brown in colour and crispy.
- Serve hot with ketchup or green chutney.
Besan chilla is made with Besan, onion, green chillies and tomato; shallow fried on a tawa, it is a nutritious and easy-to-make breakfast or snack.