3 Quick And Nutritious Salads Perfect For This Summer
ROASTED BEET SALAD WITH WALNUTS AND FETA
Beetroot known for it’s immense benefits, contains potassium, magnesium, iron, vitamins A, B6 and C, folic acid, carbohydrates, protein, antioxidants and soluble fibre to name a few.
This salad makes use of fresh ingredients and is very nutritious. High in fibre and iron rich, this earthy and healthy salad is an absolute must have this summer.
BLACK BEAN AND CORN SALAD WITH FETA
The black bean’s fiber, potassium, folate, vitamin B6 and phytonutrient content, coupled with its lack of cholesterol, all support heart health.
Being a good source of antioxidant carotenoids, such as lutein and zeaxanthin, yellow (or colored) corn may promote eye health. It is also a rich source of many vitamins and minerals.
This bean and corn salad with feta is high in protein and is a quick nutritious that can be added to your regular meals.
CHINESE CHICKEN NOODLE SALAD
The most important health benefit of chicken is its good supply of protein content. This salad makes use of fresh ingredients along with yummy chicken and is just so comforting. This salad is sure to be your perfect dose of essential protein.
Salads are such a great way of adding nutrition to your daily meals. They are so versatile. Long gone are those days of just regular raita and kachumber salad…The options are now endless and you can make a whole lot of salads with simple ingredients available in your pantry.
A simple salad incorporated into your daily diet is a good start to healthy eating. Here are a few tips to make a cracking salad:
- Always use fresh ingredients. Especially while using vegetables, make sure they are crisp and fresh.
- De-seed any watery vegetable like cucumbers or tomato before using in salads (especially if you want them to stay longer) because they tend to get extremely soggy.
- While using greens, make sure they are cleaned and rinsed well. Also make sure they are drained well once cleaned because soggy greens are a spoiler in a good salad.
- Dressings should always be perfectly balanced. Make sure you have the right balance of sour, spicy, and salty etc.
- Salad dressings can be prepared in larger batches and stored in airtight jars in the refrigerator. Avoid using fresh ingredients like garlic or fresh herbs in dressings that you plan to store.
Here are 3 delicious and nutritious salads perfect for the warm summer. Enjoy!