Remember the time you were TTC and doing the BD with DH and had to take the HPT to get the BFP indicating that you were pregnant with DS? Did that sound like mumbo-jumbo? Well if you aren’t familiar with the urban dictionary for parents-to-be, it’s at least time to brush up on the new terminology for parents.
1. Mombie (Mom + Zombie) – A new mom who often resembles an actual woman characterized by staggering walk, blank stares, wide yawns, surviving on coffee and almost no sleep.
2. Momzilla (Mom + Godzilla) – A control freak mom who wants every element of her child’s life charted and accounted for.
3. Momtrum (Mom + Tantrum) – When mom has a tantrum.
4. Mantrum (Man + Tantrum) – When a grown man throws a tantrum when he can’t have his way.
5. Toddler chic – a very fashionable toddler who coordinates his/her own outfits.
6. Toddlerist (Toddler + Poltergeist) – A toddler who can go from happy-go-lucky one second to totally crazy the next without warning.
7. Helicopter parents – Hovering over all aspects of the child’s life shadowing them under the wing without allowing them to explore individuality.
8. Free-range parents – Giving children more than their share of freedom to explore and do as they please.
9. Lawnmower parents – Mowing down any obstacles in the children’s paths.
10. Tiger parents – Parents usually from East Asia who pay extremely close attention to academic and extracurricular activities of kids and urge them to reach for No.1 only.
Were these new to you? What other urban slang have you heard that you’d like to add to this list? Respond in the comments.