Now, who knew that there are some cars that are built, keeping in mind, the specific interests of women as well? And the mums who want to drive their kids to school, a dance class, a self-defense session or just usual outings together; there are some cars catering to such needs almost perfectly. Those who are looking to drive a car that’s within their budget and are comfortable to self-drive, these cars also offer the basic factors a woman might expect from her choice of cars, including features like compactness, greater efficiency, extra luggage storage, and a chic design.
So, here are some popular hatchbacks among moms (or women) in general:
1. Maruti Suzuki Swift: This hatchback from India’s own automaker is among the most desirable cars for women drivers. With the interiors packed with modish features, a flexible power steering and smooth power windows available as standard provisions now; the car’s stability is well-tested on Indian roads. Its sports version is a new favorite among many. This wonderful car can be purchased within a price range of Rs. 4.40 lakh – Rs. 6.70 lakh.
2. Hyundai Grand i10: Compact yet spacious to keep bulky luggage, this hatchback is liked by most auto fanatics today. Hyundai Grand i10 is one of the most favored cars for women drivers for its looks and a good run. Both its diesel as well as petrol models are admirably known in terms of mileage and efficiency. Its purchase value ranges of Rs. 4.35 lakh – Rs. 6.35 lakh.
3. Honda Brio: Women who love driving and like a car that runs smoothly on the roads, despite a good speed, this car by Honda is a stunning and powerful pick. With a loaded engine and power-puffed drivability, this car comes within an affordable price bracket of Rs. 4 lakh – Rs. 6 lakh.
4. Nissan Micra: A brand that has picked up immediately after it came into the automobile market, Nissan Micra can be described as chic and one of the best cars for Indian women. Available in trendy colors and packed with a robust petrol engine along with the option of a diesel mill too; the hatchback comes within a range of Rs. 5 lakh – Rs. 7.30 lakh. The best part? It is also available in automatic transmission mode for the lady drivers to enjoy driving this vehicle conveniently.
5. Volkswagen Polo: Ranked among the top-notch hatchbacks of the country today, this car with German technology is well-appreciated by women as well! The good looks, vibrant colors, and stylish yet high-quality features make this car even more desirable. Its price tag lies between Rs. 5 lakh – Rs. 8.10 lakh.
6. Maruti Celerio:
India’s most favored automobile brand- Maruti has launched its much-awaited hatchback Maruti Celerio in Delhi Auto Expo 2014. Based on the Suzuki A-star concept production version and robust structure, the car has come up with a better design and colors, specifically for women drivers. With an automatic version facilitated, its price range is between 3.78 lakh to 4.80 lakh.
7. Hyundai EON:
Hyundai’s new smallest car immediately got everyone’s attention with an incredible starting price. However, to get power steering and air-con, one has to spend at least Rs 3.5 lakhs. It looks great, with a beautiful exterior body and shape and even more attractive and useful interiors, where the interior space will pleasingly surprise you. Only that there is no ABS in this model but a driver airbag is available on some.
Hyundai EON is available in Petrol and LPG version, with the price range of 3.16 lakh to 3.88 lakh.
8. Ford Figo:
The Figo has been one of Ford’s biggest successful cars in India so far. Comprised with comfort and safety features at a price tag that’s affordable for most of the Indian population, the Figo has become a hot favorite in the hatchback category. With a good, after service provision- the car has become even more desirable in the Indian market.
Its price range is between 3.88 lakh to 4.84 lakh.
9. Tata Nano
A benchmark in engineering with user-friendly features, this car gives excellent fuel economy on the Indian roads. With a compact design, this car is ideal for driving on crumple zones, intrusion-resistant doors, seat belts, strong seats, anchorages, rear tailgate glass attached to the body of the car, and tubeless tires.
The car is priced between Rs 1,15,361 – Rs 1,72,361.
10. Maruti Alto K10
Maruti’s highest-selling product in India, Alto is a car that has upgraded itself with an automated manual gearbox as well.
The new Alto K10 looks more stylish, as compared to its predecessor. Succeeding at its attempt to bring a wider stance in this hatchback, Maruti’s Alto has become a new favorite among many for its spectacular exteriors, extended space, budget-friendly price range, and amazing fuel efficiency.
All the mentioned cars support child lock provision and ample space to keep an infant car seat too (in case, one has a little toddler in the family)!