Summer’s finally here! For kids, this usually means playing cricket all day long and spending hours in the pool! While being active is a good thing, it also means our kids are constantly exposed to the harsh rays of the sun which results in them getting thoroughly tanned. Here are some good old home remedies that can be used safely on your child’s skin to lighten up that tan!
- Papaya with Honey – Blend half a cup of papaya with a tablespoon of honey. Leave it on for 30 minutes and wash off.
- Tomato with Dahi – Cut a tomato into halves and rub the juice of it onto the skin. Apply a layer of curd on top. Leave it on for 30 minutes and wash off.
- Potato with Lemon juice: Grate a potato and extract its juice – Add half a spoon of lemon juice and apply. Leave it on for 30 minutes and wash.
- Turmeric with Milk – Mix a paste of turmeric and milk and apply it. Leave on for 30 minutes and wash it off.
- Besan, Haldi, Lemon juice: Make a face pack with 2 tbsp of Besan, half a tsp of Haldi, half a tsp of lemon juice and some milk to make it a smooth paste. Apply and wash off in 20 minutes.
However, keep in mind that some children tan more and others tan less. So avoid making too big a deal about the colour of their skin!